What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who creates visual content. For us, this means designing static images, animating and editing videos, making fun gifs — the whole nine yards. We’re calling it a Content Designer because that’s the bulk of the current opportunity, but if you want us to call you something different (Content Producer, Creative Specialist, Great Aunt Bertha, etc.), let’s talk about it.
You’ll be part of the growing marketing team, working closest with our Director of Content. The marketing team applies creative thinking and execution to data-backed insights. What does that mean? We are obsessed with driving results from the pretty things we make.
While delivering against Songfinch’s business objectives, you’re invested in understanding the impact your work has on our audiences. Collaboration fuels your process, and you’ll spark as much inspiration as you draw from other team players. Joining this team at this stage is a huge opportunity to tell impactful stories and help shape the creative vision of a rapidly growing business.
- Design stuff. Where you’re needed most right now is marketing content. This includes video and image ads, emails, landing page assets, and more. There are cross-functional creative needs that our team will field as well, but acquiring new customers and driving more orders is the team’s top priority right now.
- Tell stories visually. As you’re designing, look for ways to bring the deeply meaningful, personal nature of the Songfinch product into everyday branded assets
- Shepherd our updated brand. While we’ve got some solid brand guidelines, there is plenty of opportunity and responsibility to shape how the brand comes to life visually.
- Build templates to make sure your time doesn’t need to be focused on the mindless stuff (decks, social graphics, etc.). We’re looking for someone who wants to make more of an impact than pushing buttons.
- Bring big ideas to the table. On a small team, it’s important everyone offers their perspective, voice, and experience. In brainstorms and everyday conversations, share your ideas for creative campaigns, cutting edge content formats, and new ways to get things done.
- Be accountable not only by executing the responsibilities above, but also by asking for help when you need it.
- The core Creative Cloud programs (notably Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects) are your love language.
- Video editing is a breeze for you. You’re as capable of storyboarding a concept as you are with quickly adding an intro or outro to a clip.
- Motion graphics are cool. If you’ve got stronger animation chops, that’s even cooler.
- You have hefty experience creating for consumers — you design for the end user/viewer.
- Your portfolio examples show you can consistently apply and build upon brand guidelines.
- You’ve worked at every stage of end-to-end creative processes from ideation to file prep.
- Interest in UI and/or UX is a plus. We’d like you to at least be comfortable critiquing new pages and features from a brand perspective.
- You are not too proud to let out happy tears. It happens to the best of us.
Customer Success Manager
What We’re Looking For
We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our team to help maintain the high standards we set with every customer we create a song for. The ideal candidate displays genuine care for our customers' needs and can offer insight to help continue developing our customer service systems, strategies and policies. We’re looking for a self-starter who takes initiative to ask questions and takes time to listen and absorb information. You should have a genuine love of human interaction, problem-solving, and music while bringing a positive and energetic perspective to our growing team.
- Manage incoming customer service inquiries via email, chat and social media
- Assist potential customers by answering questions and sharing information about our products and services
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint, determining the cause of the problem, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem, expediting correction or adjustment and following up to ensure resolution
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Help further develop our customer service strategies as our organization continues to grow and expand our offerings
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships and trust with customer through open and interactive communication
- Coordinate and fulfill product add-ons with our partners in a timely manner
- 2+ years in customer-facing roles
- Proven ability to solve problems and respond to different types of personalities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter but can also thrive when working within teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay organized while multitasking
- Familiar with Google Drive, Gmail and different CRM tools
- Interested in music and new artist discovery. Previous music industry/musical background a plus
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking someone with a deep passion for music. The ideal candidate is the type of person that can accurately describe the feelings a song evokes, can interpret lyrical content and has a hefty interest and deep knowledge of many different genres and musical styles. You’re a self-starter who takes initiative to ask questions and takes time to listen and absorb information. You’re organized, have a strong attention to detail, and are able to think creatively outside of the norm, while bringing a positive and energetic perspective to our growing team. From hand selecting artists to fulfilling song opportunities to verifying quality and lyric accuracy on completed songs, this role is vital to customer success.
- Analyze incoming customer song requests and curate artists to complete them
- Act as liaison between our customers and artist community regarding submissions and active orders
- Process incoming orders by listening to songs, verifying lyrics, ensuring accuracy and delivery to customers
- Maintain a vast knowledge of our Artist Community, catalog and best practices
- Build and maintain trusting, reliable relationships with members of our Artist Community
- Assist in artist recruitment and retention efforts
- 3+ years music business experience
- Audio production experience and DAW proficiency preferred
- Music licensing background a plus
- Strong ability to differentiate between musical genres
- Strong communication skills (written + verbal)
- Well organized, possessing a high attention to detail
- Comfortable following processes within a team environment
- Ability to work some nights, weekends and holidays
Social Media Manager/Content Producer
What We’re Looking For
As Social Media Manager/Content Producer, you’re responsible for creating emotional, impactful, objective-oriented content across all company channels. Whether photos, GIFs, graphics, videos, stories or other content types, you’re a master at turning any sort of UGC or owned content into a volume of branded gold that leverages platform capabilities and audiences. You’re as good working as a one-person content shop as you are working as part of a larger team and you know how to take direction as well as you can deliver it. You keep our company’s organic content engaging, original and of value to those who view it.
- Develop content calendars and create/post organic content regularly across social platforms
- Respond to comments and questions based on brand guidelines and voice
- Proactively search for mentions, comments and trends that may be relevant to our brand, our customers and the business verticals we operate within
- Listen to cultural ‘signals’ across social, determine what is relevant and how it translates to brand relevant content
- Use metrics to stay in tune with post performance - create, iterate and repeat
- Provide regular updates and briefs that inform other team members and departments of performance
- Be a practitioner and understand the nuances of different platforms (best practices, user behaviors, new opportunities)
- Deeply passionate about music and the arts
- Experience creating relevant content across all platforms and has extraordinary skills in at least one, if not all, of the areas of design, video editing and/or copywriting
- Shows a demonstrable passion, curiosity and experience in making creative content on social platforms - Tweets, TikTok videos, Instagram visuals, YouTube content, Blog articles,etc.
- Deep knowledge of all social platform capabilities, early adopter of new feature releases
- Proficient in one or many of the Adobe Creative Suite programs and eager to continue to learn and evolve in other ways to create social first content
- Extremely comfortable writing copy in brand voice
- Naturally curious, inquisitive and wants to learn everything possible about brand audiences and behaviors
- People who simply copy and paste the same content across all social platforms drive you crazy
Content Marketing Intern
What We’re Looking For
Songfinch is looking for 2-3 ambitious, self-directed, content marketing interns to help create written and/or visual content as part of our Marketing team. The ideal candidate understands or has interest in content marketing, social media marketing, paid advertising or SEO optimization. The ideal candidate loves writing and creating content for platforms like Facebook, Instagram, email, YouTube, TikTok and others.
This candidate wants to learn more about how content marketing is used to accomplish business goals across the web, social media, email and blogs. They are imaginative, creative, and perfectly fine starting with a blank page or limited direction. The most successful intern will have the ability to self-start and take the lead on organizing and executing projects.
- Landing page keyword search
- Written content creation
- SEO optimization
- Email creation
- Organic social media calendaring and creation
- Video editing
- Creating campaign design briefs
- Loves all things music
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with high-volume workload
- Has relevant experience in one or more of the following categories: video editing, SEO, content writing, social media management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team of diverse personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Adept at self-editing, ensuring rare spelling and grammar mistakes
- Eagerness to get started and make a big impact
- This intern program will run from late May to early August depending on schedules with the option to continue the relationship based on performance
- Expected a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Weekly stipend compensation